On February 23, 2015 the Rocky Mount City Council held an informational meeting regarding the “proposed” event center for citizens and property tax payers. The most recent consultant presentation was by The Sports Facilities Advisory (SFA). Please review the links to the attached documents and video to learn more. Citizens could only ask questions by filling out a response card. One question confirmed citizens will receive an increase in property taxes to pay for the event center. According to the Davenport & Company report property taxes could increase from a low of 7.7% to a high of 14.7%. Property taxes includes things such as houses, building, land and vehicles to name a few.
- Detail – Total Facility Revenue & Expenses – (EBITDA – Earnings before interest, depreciation and amortization) Projection only and does not include things such as building and loan cost.
- Total Facility Revenue & Expenses – OPS LLC (EBITDA – Earnings before interest, depreciation and amortization) Projection only and does not include things such as building and loan cost.
- Facility Program Overview
- Video – Committee of the Whole – WHIG-TV
- Video – Public Informational Meeting – WHIG-TV
- Video – Public Information Meeting – City of Rocky Mount